Providence Health Plan is calling a Healthcare Data Analyst 1 to our location in Portland, OR. This position will be remote and may pivot to a hybrid model in 2022 working a combination of in office and remote. We are seeking candidates that are available in commute distance to the office in Portland, OR as needed.
We are seeking a Healthcare Data Analyst 1 to manage the release of and create Facets Imports for Fee Schedules. In addition the analyst will collaborate with senior analysts to identify, design, recommend, and execute analytical solutions using analytic tools for financial analysis of provider contracts and medical claims reporting.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Monitor the release of fee schedules by CMS, OHP, Noridian, etc.
• Create Facets Fee Schedule imports using MS SQL.
• Analyze changes to Fee Schedules, Identify and develop criteria and key indicators to assist in delivery of seasonal initiatives and analytic reporting.
• Effectively communicate changes to Leadership in support of implementation for seasonal initiatives and provider contract management.
• Provide essential data support and coordination activities for various business critical analysis and reporting needs.
• Develop processes, collaborate on report development, analyze healthcare claims data on a book of business using analytic tools.
• Partner with peers to establish, evaluate, and continually improve measurement methodologies.
• Facilitate routine and ad-hoc information requests by running pre-programmed SQL scripts and macros and by creating queries/reports through the appropriate programs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in highly quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Engineering/Physics, Accounting, or Computer Science), plus 3 years of experience in data analysis or;
High school education or equivalent, plus 5 years of experience in data analysis.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• CMS, Noridian, OHP Fee Schedule Processing
• CPT/HCPCS/ICD10 Coding
• FFS and PPS Claims Payment Methodologies – Professional/Facility
• Healthcare organization/health insurer experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Analytics/Business Intelligence
Other Location(s): Washington, Oregon
Req ID: 357521