Providence Health & Services Phlebotomist in Spokane, Washington
Providence is calling a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Laboratory Specimen Processing, Evening Shift, 1 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position will work 12:30-21:00, Mon-Fri and one weekend a month.
In this position you will:
• Customer Service: Maintains and promotes positive, open and honest interpersonal relationships with customers (physicians, employees, visitors, patients, and other PSHMC publics). Provides high quality service to all customers; focuses on understanding customers’ needs and follows through. Demonstrates respect for the capabilities, different cultures and or personalities of co-workers and Medical Center publics within the mission/values of PSHMC.
• Communication: Promotes and demonstrates effective, open and honest written and verbal communication skills.
• Self Management: Demonstrates self-management behaviors, which reflect a positive image of PSHMC, following established policies and procedures and promote an efficient, cost effective work environment.
• Ownership /Stewardship and Accountability: Demonstrates good stewardship of resources by treating property of customers, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and co-workers with care and respect.
• Teamwork: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of staff and other disciplines for problem solving without blaming.
• Flexibility: Demonstrates flexibility by readily adapting to different situations to complete work.
• Continuing Education: Maintains and keeps current skills and knowledge for the job through continued education programs.
• Attends 5 hours of CEU’s per year. Documents all education activity on employee’s CE record.
• Initiates self-directed learning and/or work experiences designed to enhance strengths and improve areas of weakness in own performance.
• Quality Control / Quality Assurance / Quality Improvement: Maintains overall quality by performing and documenting quality checks.
• Processing Functions: Accurately handles and delivers specimens in a timely manner.
• Phlebotomy Functions: Demonstrates knowledge and technique while showing professionalism towards our patients
Required qualifications for this position include:
High school diploma or GED
Documentation of higher education.
MA-Phlebotomist state license
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Laboratory or related science experience
Completion of Medical Assistant course
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children’s Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they’ll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Phlebotomist & Lab Support
Req ID: 239376