Providence Health & Services Hospice Aide in Portland, Oregon
Providence is calling Hospice Aide (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Cedar Hills Home Services in Portland,OR.
We are seeking a Hospice Aide that will provide personal care, assistance with performing activities of daily living and prescribed therapeutic exercises, and basic housekeeping services essential to the comfort and cleanliness of receiving home care or hospice services. These services are specified by a written plan of care that is developed and supervised by a Registered Nurse
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
· Provide direct patient / basic nursing care and simple housekeeping tasks as reflected on the Home Health Aide Plan of Care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or other licensed professional:
• Patient care duties may include: bathing, pericare (with or without indwelling catheter), oral care, and care of skin, hair and finger nails; may also include helping patients to move; turn; get in and out of bed, chair, or wheelchair; and ambulate with or without assistive devices. Provide care of surgical or prosthetic appliances or devices as instructed, ie, catheters, colostomies, leg braces, dentures, etc.
• Basic nursing care may include: collecting and processing specimens as indicated, including urine dips, chart results and report to medical staff; obtaining vital signs including blood pressure, heart rate temperature, O2 statistics, and weights as assigned each day by RN, measuring and calculating fluid and food intake and output as indicated, performing simple dressing changes, assisting with routine bowel care.
• Housekeeping duties may include simple household duties which facilitate the patient’s self care at home and which are necessary to prevent or postpone institutionalization and are essential to the patient’s health care at home.
• Provide in home hospice respite care when assigned.
· Assist with prescribed exercises which patient and aide have been taught by the Physical, Speech, or Occupational Therapist or Registered Nurse and as described in the Home Health Aide plan of care; demonstrates good working knowledge of principles of range of motion exercises, body alignment and positioning techniques.
· Observe and report to immediate supervisor any changes in participant's physical or mental status; record such observations on appropriate records; communicates safety hazards and environmental health hazards to primary clinician and/or team members.
· Demonstrates effective time management including arriving at the patient home in a timely manner, responding to urgent needs by prioritizing and triaging visits, communicating schedule and work plan to Clinical Manager, RN Case Manager and/or Scheduler daily and other team members as appropriate
· Independently manages own caseload, plans and schedules home visits and coordinates with other team members as needed to maximize effectiveness of overall care plan
· Organize weekly schedule to attend required meetings within schedule of patient care needs
· Organizesand coordinate transfer of patient information for coverage during absences
· Maintain accurate and appropriate records and documentation of status, and care / services provided; documents any deviations from the plan of care and contacts the primary clinician and/or Home Health Manager/Supervisor
· In some instances uses a laptop computer to document patient care and communication with other team member
· May train family members in safe patient hygiene practices
· Promote the Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities and understand the basic procedures for receiving and documenting grievances in order to initiate the appropriate process for participant concerns
· Participate in relevant educational activities and attends 12 hours or more of in-service education per calendar year to meet state, federal and agency requirements, and to provide opportunities for personal growth and job enhancement
· Care Team Hospice Aide: provide care to hospice patients as indicated by the Plan of Care for assigned patient as overseen by a case manager; share weekend and evening coverage
· Continuous Care Hospice Aide: provide immediate care to a single hospice patient during times of increased patient need
Required qualifications for this position include:
Completion of a certified nursing assistant course or equivalent training
1 year Previous home health/hospice experience required as a nurse’s aide, hospice aide, orderly, or related experience in an acute, rehabilitative, or long term care facility, or hospice organization
Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) in the state of Washington
Current Washington State Driver’s license and automobile insurance
Current Healthcare Provider CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 253182