Providence Health & Services Foundation Development Specialist in Portland, Oregon
Providence is calling a Foundation Development Specialist (1.0 FTE Days) at Providence St. Vincent Oregon.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities: We are seeking a Foundation Development Specialist
Advance the mission of the organization by increasing the level of involvement and philanthropic commitment of prospective donors in the surrounding service area. This position functions as a fundraising generalist with particular emphasis given to the cultivation and solicitation of annual gifts, the grateful patient program, donor acquisition and growth, and implementation of cultivation events and activities.
Ability to navigate complex matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders, acting as both a consultant and implementer for varied but unified projects.
Requires strong conceptual abilities, a high level of organization skill and energy and ability to carry out multiple concurrent tasks and priorities.
Demonstrate ability to provide leadership and make critical decisions in fast paced, high pressure situations.
Requires strong communication and clear articulation of goals.
In this position you will:
• Manage, plan and implement comprehensive annual giving program for assigned foundation including support materials, program promotion, publication management, stewardship and reporting.
• Manage a portfolio of individual annual, major and planned giving donors and prospects, conduct discovery visits, cultivate, solicit and steward prospective donors and work with colleagues across multiple foundations to develop and support appropriate opportunities and vehicles for engagement.
• Work with staff to identify prospects, develop written engagement and solicitation proposals for assigned prospects, participate in prospect review and strategy sessions, and document donor contact and activity.
• Work as part of a regional team to provide input and structure for all aspects of annual giving program impacting foundations throughout Oregon region.
• Develop and collaborate with regional teams a strategic planning process for implementation of best practices related to the annual giving program.
• Demonstrate positive interpersonal relationship with team members in order to steward donors across multiple foundations.
• Coordinate with internal staff the acknowledgment of gifts.
• Engage donors, employees, physicians and volunteers to assist in foundation support.
• Provide project management leadership for tours, foundation-hosted events, and individual presentations. Specifically in charge of employee giving, cultivation events, direct mail and renewal strategies.
• Facilitate participation of donors and prospects to maximize gift potential at receptions/tours/special events.
• Provide leadership in development and growth of donor clubs including appropriate recognition.
• Implement the regional stewardship model, working with team members across multiple foundations.
• Ability to provide writing and editing skills to collateral materials in coordination with marketing division.
Required qualifications this position include:
Bachelor's Degree or 3 years equivalent educ/experience
Experience in a comprehensive foundation program.
• CFRE preferred.
• Valid driver's license.
Demonstrated success in fundraising and marketing with a strong emphasis on annual giving and stewardship strategies.
Proven experience in fund development with knowledge of donor software management tools and marketing principles.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Experience in a system institution, with emphasis on best practices fund development within a regional area.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work
environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team
member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our
patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees
create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor,
introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and
updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their
concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our
award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the
Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of
Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our
many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management (Non-Clinical)
Req ID: 315928