Providence Health & Services Associate Physician Recruiter PSJH in Portland, Oregon
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling an Associate Physician Recruiter; Flexible locations
We are seeking an Associate Physician Recruiter PSJH to be accountable for full-cycle recruitment of physicians and advanced practitioner candidates for our external partners. This position is responsible for all provider recruitment functions including: sourcing, outreach visits, conference attendance, initial contact, internet sourcing, reference checks, and building relationships with provider candidates and clients. Works in close collaboration with recruiters and managers, and executive teams.
The Associate Recruiter will ensure an effective and quality pipeline of providers are available and well developed to sustain and grow to meet partner recruitment needs. This position serves as the primary point of contact for practice managers, medical directors and directors. In partnership with their manager, they will participate in conversations with Chief Medical Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Executives Offers, etc., for all recruitment and selection of providers. This individual will deliver high quality service to both internal and external customers. In addition, responsibilities also include developing and maintaining relationships with physicians, group administrators and leadership teams. The associate recruiter participates in meetings with Hospital Administration and Medical Group Administration on a frequent basis. The associate recruiter could be involved with reporting and special projects at the request of PS&D leadership.
Our positions allow for flexibility to work in a variety of approved PS&D locations across the country.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Works with external partners to do job intake, define job skills and competencies, align expectations and competencies. In collaboration with partners, understands and leads the sourcing initiatives for provider recruitment activities for assigned searches. Initiates sourcing functions, including: outreach to warm and cold leads, advertising/marketing, initial contact, internet sourcing, etc.
• Partners with Physician Services and Development team to develop sourcing-specific materials to support recruitment activities (i.e., practice opportunity summaries, compensation and benefit data, community information, etc.).
• In partnership with external partners, this role will could initiate, coordinate and write offer letters and/or contracts Knowledge of provider compensation and contracting is a plus.
• Utilization of social media sites including LinkedIn, Indeed, Doximity, etc. for networking and recruitment activities. Partners with regional executives, practice managers/medical directors to develop long range recruitment plans.
• Maintains working knowledge of all service areas and practice opportunities. Maintains ties with residency/fellowship programs, in conjunction with PS&D Strategic Outreach team. Attends local and national recruitment conferences.
• Responsible for managing candidate database to ensure completeness of all records. May also coordinate interviews, site visits and follow up
• Updates and manages candidate relationship management database (CRM) and/or applicant tracking system (ATS). Completes a candidate interview and conducts a background check, board and license verification, reference check and submits candidate forward to hiring managers.
• Develop and maintain thorough understanding of positions recruiting for, including required candidate qualifications, competencies, compensation and motivations. Periodically visit customers’ locations, tour facilities, and achieve a working vocabulary of departmental characteristics. May include gaining an in depth knowledge of technical aspects of positions recruited for, including equipment and methods utilized, and how they compare to competitors’.
• Creates, extends, and negotiates offers in cooperation with partner’ recruitment teams. Could involve initiation of pre-boarding, credentialing, and onboarding for signed candidates.
• Works with candidates, hiring managers, and internal stakeholders to collaboratively identify solutions to problems that arise in all stages of the recruitment and onboarding process. Comply with all laws, regulations and requirements of appropriate licensing and accrediting bodies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent educ/experience
1 year relevant experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Participation in a recruitment professional organization (e.g. Association of Staff Physician Recruiters (ASPR), FASPR Fellowship, AIRS Certified Recruiter, NW Recruiter Association, ERE, NAHCR Certified Recruiter)
1 year recruitment experience
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Recruiter
Other Location(s): Washington-Renton, New Mexico-Hobbs, Alaska-Anchorage, Montana-Missoula, California-Irvine
Req ID: 304370