Providence Health & Services Senior Financial Analyst PSJH in Montana
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Financial Analyst PSJH to our location in Anaheim, CA.
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Financial Analyst PSJH’s primary responsibility is to be a value-added business partner with management and physicians by analyzing, understanding, reporting, and advising on key financial and business trends primarily around the managed care / capitation risk business, but will extend into physician operations, ACOs and other lines of business. Utilize and understand the management of GE (IDX) and Epic databases for analysis and report development. Responsible in designing and developing / programming reporting and analytics connecting various data bases and applications to facilitate management decisions. Reports directly to the Manager of Managed Care Finance.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Carries out the mission, vision and values of Providence St. Joseph Health; assists local medical group and hospital finance leadership in managing managed care costs against budgets
• Using Milliman, GE (IDX), EPIC claims and other data tools, perform statistical population health utilization, cost and quality analytics to develop total cost of care targets for at-risk populations
• Work with HCC team to conduct in-depth reviews of CMS RAF files such as MMRs to assess settlement results and trends, report findings to various internal teams and senior leadership; RAF forecast modelling
• Assist local leaders in interpreting and developing plans to improve institutional and medical group internal and external managed care costs (may include institute financial reporting and value-oriented architecture analysis)
• Support and inform clinical, network and efficiency improvement initiatives through complex analytics and financial modeling using SQL language & analytical tools
• Assist with data sharing and reconciliation among various data systems as well as developing methods for standardizing data collection, database design, validation reports and analysis of statistical population health utilization, cost and quality analytics to develop total cost of care targets for at risk populations
• Curate, manage, and mine information from large data sources
• Analyze important trends and variances among actual, and forecast data and provide detailed explanations related to underlying causes
• Prepare financial reports and analysis; automate and proactively make improvements
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent education/experience.
5 years analytical and business experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
MBA, CPA, CMA
2 years healthcare related experience.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for our Providence family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance
Other Location(s): Montana, California-Orange, California, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Texas, Alaska
Req ID: 329233