Providence Health & Services Surgery Aide in Centralia, Washington
Providence is calling a Surgery Aide (0.5 FTE, 20 hours per week Variable shifts) to work in Surgery Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Nurse Manager/Educator or Team Leader is responsible for maintaining a clean and organized department. Assisting nurses and anesthesia with either patient care or equipment needs; responsible for the ordering and stocking of supplies, may include surgery scheduling.
In this position you will:
Provides daily support for operating room staff.
• Provides support to nursing and anesthesia staff by obtaining needed supplies, and equipment.
• Monitors surgery schedule to ensure operating rooms are equipped with appropriate supplies, equipment and accessories specifically needed for next surgery.
• Turns on anesthesia machines and runs start-up sequence daily.
• Assists in the setup of equipment and supplies for cases.
• Reporting maintenance problems to appropriate personnel and/or department.
• Assist in transferring, lifting, and positioning patients on the operating room table and/or recovery room bed.
• Transports specimens and blood to lab as requested.
• Runs errands as requested by nursing or anesthesia.
• Reports any unusual observations to OR staff.
• Maintains awareness of potential safety hazards.
• Assists in preparing clean/sterile environment in the operating room.
• Using AORN recommended principles, cleans all surfaces areas of furniture and equipment, including anesthesia equipment involved in surgical procedure at the conclusion of each surgical procedure.
• Wet mops floors between cases, using hospital approved detergent germicide and clean mop head.
• Cleans wheels and casters of furniture between cases.
• Removes soiled linen and disposables from room and the end of each case.
• Replaces linen bags, suctions, and furniture.
• Removes and replaces sharps containers that are full.
• Ensures adequate supply inventory for the department.
• Monitors the PAR level and expiration dates of supplies in assigned carts and storage locations (OR PACU and anesthesia carts)
• Rotate inventory and maintain cleanliness of assigned carts and storage locations.
• Assists PACU in transporting patient from recovery room to the nursing unit.
• Maintains safety precautions during transport.
• Assists nursing unit personnel with patient comfort and safety prior to leaving the unit.
• Assist personnel in transporting patient bed to surgery.
• This position may have regular and recurrent direct clinical contact with Adolescents, Infants, Adults, Pediatrics, and Geriatrics.
• The evaluator (Manager/Supervisor/Peer) will observe the employee demonstrating the following standards.
• Identifies and adjusts care to be compatible with the age specific growth and development and needs of the patient.
• Provides patient and/or family orientation to the department environment.
• Portrays calm, reassuring manner when caring for patients and family.
Required qualification for this position include:
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS)
Preferred qualification for this position include:
High school diploma or equivalent
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certified
At least 1 Year experience inna Surgical Services support position
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Techs
Req ID: 299592