Providence Health & Services Test Engineer 3 in Beaverton, Oregon
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Test Engineer 3 PSJH to our location in Beaverton, OR.
We are seeking a Test Engineer 3 PSJH to lead the effort of testing standards, assures adherence to standards, and continuously evaluates effectiveness of testing standards. Will lead medium to large data integration projects analyzing requirements, developing and executing Test Plans and ensuring data quality and standards. This individual also analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and devices or modifies QA procedures to validate data and system accuracy to meet business needs. The position requires reviewing schedules, cost and documentation to ensure success of projects. This individual mentors and assists QA Engineers I and II in support of applications, projects and goals. This person works with business users and other agile team members to determine appropriate requirements of complex systems and establish comprehensive test plans to ensure full coverage of the requirements in validating the development products.
Design, development, and implementation of testing procedures; creation of test plans, test cases and scripts to support testing objectives; implementation of quality assurance and testing methodologies, processes, standards, and tools.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Software related activities:
• Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on specific systems or QA techniques.
• Participate in the development and execution of project plans which are aligned with and follow the appropriate project delivery process for the project, which may include work plans, schedules, milestones, critical paths and deliverable/responsibility matrices.
• Assist with decision points for technical problems for efficient system/application solutions to support client business processes and functional requirements and analyses.
• Assist with analysis of requirements to determine feasibility of testing efforts.
Testing Methodology. Standards:
• Assist in the design, and development of testing procedures, and ensure that they are properly analyzed and that recommendations to improve testing processes are effective.
• Assist in the design, and development of QA standards and methodologies for various departmental needs, and ensures that they are properly analyzed and that recommendations to improve QA best practices, standards and methodologies are effective.
• Ensure compliance with established methodologies, processes, standards and tools within the context of the appropriate project delivery process.
• Exercise and utilize QA tools to gain further efficiencies in the testing development process.
• Assist with the validation of external specifications (requirement/user specifications, functional specifications and architecture) to verify that the specifications are capable of being served by QA engineering.
• Assist with the creation, enhancement and maintenance of the testing best practices, standards and methodologies.
• Create test plans and test cases for the most complex applications and ensure they support testing objectives.
• Ensure test cases are executed and analyzed properly.
• Assist with execution of testing efforts and any specific technical work as assigned.
Problem Identification, Resolution, and Documentation:
• Ensure any unresolved problems or issues are properly documented, escalated and monitored.
• Review testing documentation deliverables.
• Collaborate with Agile project teams, departmental Team Leads or Management to ensure defects are reported and managed appropriately.
• Evaluate and escalate all unresolved issues to management as appropriate.
• Support training team members on QA methodology, standards and best practices.
• Support preparation of presentations for various departmental needs as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or 8 years equivalent experience.
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• 8 years related experience.
Preferred qual ifications for this position include:
• Experienced in handling large scale data integration testing including data migration, data integration, extracts and reports.
• Hands-on experience with creating test plans and test cases.
• Experience with TFS, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Microsoft Office tools suite, T-SQL, Claims.
• Some experience writing SQL queries to support testing efforts with a demonstrated ability to handle complex joins.
• Experience with automation tools like SOAPUI, Selenium and/or HP Rational.
• Extensive experience in SQL, including complex database operations for use with testing needs.
• Experience creating stored procedures.
• Experience in the Health Insurance industry.
• Experience with the Facets will be a plus.
• Excellent organization and planning skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical skills with the proven ability to solve problems both in verbal and written communications.
• Epic Application knowledge .
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Development
Req ID: 302295