Providence Health & Services Executive Administrative Assistant in Beaverton, Oregon
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling an Executive Administrative Assistant to our location in Beaverton, OR.
We are seeking a Executive Administrative Assistant who will perform full and complex administrative and secretarial functions of a highly responsible and confidential nature for a team of Providence Health Plans Operations Directors. Coordinates administrative aspects of the office and assists in providing support to other leaders as needed. Presents a positive image to employees, System Office, medical staff, public officials and the general public. It is vital to this position that the utmost discretion and confidentiality of information be maintained in conducting business.
Establishing effective work priorities within the office while remaining flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing needs.
Providing information and assistance to a full range of individuals contacting the director team.
Presenting a positive image of the Health Plans and Health System to employees, medical staff, corporate and public officials and the general public, exercising good judgment and discretion often in difficult or crisis situations.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Exercise independent judgment and decision making as well as provides administrative assistance in handling incoming information, including email, and material for a team of operations directors at Providence Health Plans as well as for other leaders as needed.
• Compose and type correspondence, memos, schedules, reports and other projects. Prepares correspondence for review and signature. Routes or answers general inquiries not requiring personal attention.
• May research background material and collect data for reports, speeches, presentations, and correspondence.
• Coordinate and arrange travel for Directors/ and other leaders as needed.
• Meet and deal with individuals who contact the director team by phone or in person. Provides information and assistance as able or makes appropriate referrals.
• Maintain Directors calendar and schedules. Arranges and coordinates meetings and other commitments for the director team and other leaders as needed.
• Serve as liaison for other directors, managers and supervisors, administrative staff, medical staff and others, relaying messages and gathering information.
• Responsible for external contacts with various representatives/organizations outside the health system regarding schedules, communications, and confidential matters involved with the director team.
Required qualifications for this position include:
5-10 years work experience
5 years spent in a position equal to executive or administrative secretary.
Expert knowledge of administrative practices, procedures, and protocols.
Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and Visio.
Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to plan, organize projects, and manage workflow with a great deal of latitude for independent judgment while maintaining the ability to balance multiple demands.
A high level of tact and integrity due to the level and number of contacts, both internal and external, and the constant exposure to highly confidential health system information.
Experience with Computer, InFocus Projector, FAX machine, photocopier, and miscellaneous office equipment.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 5-10 years work experience in the health care industry spent in a position equal to executive or administrative secretary
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Non-Clinical)
Req ID: 294814