Nursing careers at Providence,
training and development.
At Providence Health & Services, nursing excellence is an expectation, not an option. That's why we are committed to providing our nurses with the education and training needed to competently ensure optimal patient care. Many nursing units employ full-time educators to ensure nurses have the tools and support needed to be most effective.
Best practices, innovative treatments, and health care technology are constantly evolving. So are our nurses. With multiple learning opportunities, our nurses can achieve their full potential and enjoy the satisfaction of nursing at its finest. Programs include:
- Certification classes
- Clinical advancement programs
- New registered nurse graduate orientation
- Preceptors and mentors
- Programs for high school students interested in pursuing nursing careers
- Registered nurse residency, internship and fellowship programs
- RN to BSN "bridge" programs
- Scholarships and tuition assistance
- Seminar and continuing education unit opportunities
- University and college partnerships
We can help you reach your goal.
Regional programs throughout Providence Health & Services can assist you in achieving your career goals. Oregon's Providence Scholars is one such program. Providence Scholars is a partnership between Providence Health & Services and the University of Portland. Selected nursing students receive full tuition assistance for their junior and senior years. Students commit to a three year full-time employment with Providence. The program provides students an opportunity to complete their nursing education, and helps Providence provide our communities with the best in nursing talent.